Monday, April 5, 2010

God's Heart

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting LIFE".  (John 3:16)

My daughter Kinsey took this picture on Easter at my parents house.  I love this old oak tree in every season, because the sun always sets behind it.  I quote the "oaks of righteousness" verse quite a bit as I strive to live a free life in Christ.  It is so fitting that the day that Jesus took every sin ever committed and bore it on His perfect Body, He once and FOR ALL made those who would believe in Him righteous before Him.  We are clean because He had to wear our dirty stains.

"Amazing Love, O what sacrifice!  The Son of God given for me.  My debt He paid, and MY DEATH He died, that I might LIVE, that I might LIVE"!!

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."  (2 Cor. 5:21)