Sunday, October 16, 2011

Steadfast

Sunrise...
The picture of God's steadfast Love for us.

Sunday has become true Sabbath for me.  During my time with Him this morning in my warm bed with the sun streaming in through the window, my Bible, journal, pen, devotions, and my Itunes, He led me to a series of verses, and the word that God made jump off the pages was STEADFAST.

"O God, my heart is steadfast." (Psalm 108:1)

I love to look up the original meanings of words through Blue Letter Bible, and the meanings for steadfast are so much richer than the word itself.  

"to be firm, be stable, be established, be fixed, be secure"
"to lean, lay, support, rest upon"

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3)

The sunrise and the sunset remind me of the steadfast Spirit of our God.  Both are firm, stable, established, fixed, and we are able to lean and rest upon the fact that they will come up and go down each day like clock work (literally).


Sunset...The picture of God's steadfast Love for us.

No matter how unsteady life seems, insecure, not fixed, unstable, not supportive, unable to rely on or rest upon, our TRUE stability and security is found in the Person of Jesus Christ, our Savior.  He came in the chaos of our world to show that true rest can only be found in Him.

"He will not be afraid of evil tidings, his heart is steadfast, trusting the Lord.  His heart is upheld, he will not be afraid, until he looks with satisfaction on his adversaries."  (Psalm 112:7-8)

No comments: