Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Way May Not Be Clear Yet...

In the Fall and Winter, the trails at the Battlefield are cluttered with leaves that have yet to be naturally composted by the wear of feet making the trek in and out.  If I'm not careful, or get caught up in the singing of my favorite new worship song, it's easy to get confused as to where the path to the trail lies.  If I look closely, I see the leaves trampled and worn to show me the way.

Our stories are much the same way.  When I began to recover from the shame of having an abortion that I had in my 20's,  I felt like I had to be totally healed before I could begin to share my story.  I had to be able to tell it without crying, without beating myself up, and of course I had to do it all with strength and courage to show that I was well!

An amazing truth that God continues to reveal to me is that He can use my story to help others no matter if I'm just beginning my recovery, or if I'm healed and on the other side of it.  

It's like the beginning wear of the leaves on the path.  The trampled parts let you know that someone has gone before you.  In our stories, often the greatest encouragers are those who may just be a few steps ahead, so that the task of being completely healed is not so overwhelming.  

So I encourage you to be that one that looks behind you and brings others alongside you that can say "me too".  The way to complete and total healing may not be clear yet, but it's so cool to know that the trampled leaves ahead means you're not alone.

No comments: