Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Daggers Part 2




 No sooner than the sun came out this morning, God gave me the answer to the blog I posted earlier.  The ice had settled in with great thickness, but as soon as the sun broke through the clouds and gave way to light, the ice that was in the sun's direct path began to melt with a racing urgency.

I was thinking about the daggers of anger>>resentment>>bitterness>>unforgiveness and God gave me a glimpse into how He makes it all right.  Not how He makes the offense "okay", but how He makes me "okay" through the offense.  

LIGHT=TRUTH

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Just like the sun melts the ice daggers, the Son, who is Light, shines His truth over any dark place where the evil one would have me believe that it is best to hang on to anger, resentment, bitterness, and unforgiveness.  

35 Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going. 

36 Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may become sons of light." (John 12:35-36)

Jesus is Truth.  "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." (John 14:6)  His word is truth.  So often, I try to rely on my feelings about a situation to determine it's truth.  Unfortunately, my feelings are not as trustworthy, especially if they are not founded on the Truth (Jesus) or His Truth (His Word).

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105)

We all have blind spots.  Those places in us that we choose to ignore, vehemently deny, or simply don't see.  Jesus is Light.  His Word is Light.  Allow the Spirit that lives inside you begin to show you blind spots of unforgiveness that need His Light to begin to deal with and melt away those daggers that kill relationships, and more than that damage and leave our souls lifeless. 




No comments: