Thursday, February 16, 2017

I'll Carry Your Load




"Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you.  Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).
In addition to being mesmerized all week in Colorado by the constancy of the evergreens and how they remind me of the steadfast nature of our Creator, God had a few more lessons He wanted me to grasp before I left.  It was almost as if the evergreens were screaming, "Let Me carry the load!"  I often feel like the picture above, but isn't this what we've tried to do since the Garden?  "I got this God.  I'm crushing under the weight of this, but I got it.  You're too busy worrying about the other details of life.  Mine aren't even enough to matter to You.  Hold on, let me strap something else on."

"Cast your burden on the Lord and He will sustain you;  He shall never permit the righteous to be moved" (Isaiah 55:12).  


We all have our ideas of what a burden bearer looks like and how much weight can be held.    At times I have withheld hurt or information in fear that the load is too heavy, all the while, the weight upon my shoulders continues to deepen.  What God revealed to me in Colorado as I looked underneath trees that seemingly looked too weak to carry the weight of the snow is that I underestimate my Burden Bearer.  His Name is Jesus.





The branch in proportion to the mass of the snow that is weighing it down doesn't make sense to me.  The branch appears as if at any minute, it will collapse under the weight of the burden it's carrying.  I think we're much like the branch and we project our weakness to bear enormous weight on the One who has endless ability to bear our burdens and the weight of our lives.









No comments: