Friday, December 12, 2008

Purify Me Lord!



The surprise of the snow was such a sweet kiss on my cheek from the Lord! If you will remember from a few posts ago how aggravated I was that I couldn't get a clear picture of the snow! As I watched the snow fall and cover everything in its path, God reminded me of Jesus and how His redeeming blood covers each believer in Him white as snow!
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." (Is. 1:18)
The cool observation that God gave me was that even though everything was covered, the same unclean things still lay beneath. It is the appearance of the snow that gives everything purity. That is exactly how the redeeming blood of Jesus is for us as His beloved children! We are still sinners, but in spite of ourselves, God, when He looks upon us sees the righteousness of Jesus covering us just like the snow!
22"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference" (Romans 3:22)
"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" (2 Corinthians 9:15)