Monday, December 1, 2008

Picture Isn't The Same As The Experience

Ahh...the first snow of Winter. In the South, if we get a few flurries, we are jumping up and down and praying for school to be out. As I was driving, I stopped three different times to get a picture of the snow. My camera is not the greatest, so this picture doesn't do the beauty of the snow justice at all, and I could describe it all day long and you would never get the true picture of it's innocent beauty.

As I was trying to get the picture, God reminded me of my relationship with Him, and the desire that I have for others to have an abundant, overflowing relationship with Him too. What I am learning is that, like the picture, I can describe it in the most intricate detail to help you experience it, but unless you experienced yourself, something is lost and somehow less.

I have to be careful with my own children and their walk with the Lord as well. Their relationship with Him will never be through osmosis. Their relationship with Jesus can't be based on ours. They have to experience Him firsthand.

So, the next time you see it snowing, don't rely on a picture for it's beauty...experience yourself!! He will blow you away if you seek Him.