Thursday, November 27, 2008

Come and Sit Awhile

Thankfulness is something that is often overlooked. With the cares of life, it is often easier to come to God with our lists of what we need from Him, all the while forgetting the need to be thankful and living lives of praise for all He has done in our lives.


On this Thanksgiving Day, I picture myself on that bench with Jesus, just telling Him how much Iove Him and am thankful for His redeeming love for me. As I sit with Him, I would tell Him....


Thank you Jesus so much for dying for me...for picking my life from the deepest pit to live an abundant life with you...that your blood covers every sin that my life will ever bear...past...present...and future...for showing me that a relationship with you is the wildest ride of my life, and living in the abundance of You the only way to live...for taking my marriage to heights that I never dreamed possible...life centered around You is never wasted...for blessing my life with 3 beautiful children here on Earth, and one that i will meet one day in Heaven...for JOY every day...for FREEDOM in You...for healing...for love...




"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." (1Chronicles 16:34)

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." (Psalm 28:7)

"pray continually;give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
(1 Thess. 5:17-18)

"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." (Psalm 69:30)