Saturday, November 15, 2008

My God Bird

I love cardinals! They are an amazing, beautiful bird that I feel like God has put on this earth just for me. I love them so much because they remind me so much of Jesus. The male is crimson red, and his coloring reminds me daily of the blood that Jesus shed for me that I may have a relationship with Him, not only here on Earth, but also in Heaven. Another way the cardinal reminds me of Jesus is his relationship with his bride. The cardinal is a monogamous bird, and if you have ever seen his bride, she is brownish gray. I think it is so awesome that like Christ, the male is the one that the predators see, not the female. She is hidden and protected by him. He is willing to sacrifice his own safety so that his bride can be safe and care for her young. That is exactly how it is with Christ. He was out there for all the predators to see so that His bride (us) could be protected eternally.

"While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me." John 17:12

"For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross." Colossians 1:19-21

"I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." Isaiah 61:10