Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm Waiting

Winter is just around the corner, and hopefully the birds will be migrating South for the season. I haven't seen my beloved cardinal lately. I've seen plenty of robins, and they're cute enough, but I am waiting patiently for my cardinals to come back home.

Yesterday afternoon I went outside to fill every feeder I own in hopes that when the birds come home, they will have a feast waiting. The day was frigid and windy, but that didn't stop me from the task at hand in preparing for my birds. At the end of the day, no birds, but plenty of food just waiting.

I am reminded of the Parable of the Lost Son in Luke 15. Even though the son's desire was to go his own way, the Father still waited patiently for him to return, and when he did, he had a feast waiting for him. The Father always looks for the wayward child and desires for him to come home.

Just as my desire is to see my birds again...I'm waiting...

"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate." (Luke 15:22-24)