Monday, March 30, 2009

Beauty from Ashes

" to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3 It is amazing to me that my God can take something that I never thought could be redeemed, and use it for His perfect Glory. What I never thought could be "made right", has been made right by the blood of Jesus Christ. These flowers represent 14 innocent lives, but more than that, the flowers represent the "new lives" in complete grace that their mothers feel...and that grace only comes from the the sacrificial blood of Jesus Christ. His word promises that "we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 I see the good every day when I am reassured by my Savior that His blood is enough to cover my sin... I see the good when my mistakes can be used to guide someone in truth...I see the good when I can finally be at peace and know that my child rests in the Father's Hand and that I will see him one day in Glory....I see the good when shame is replaced with joy...guilt is replaced with peace...condemnation is replaced with acceptance.
"My biggest nightmare has become the child of my dreams".
(excerpt from Surrendering the Secret)
Beauty from ashes...there's no greater feeling of joy than to be "you" and still be used by God. All praise to His Holy Name!!