Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Chasing Glory

The absolute brilliance of this sunset sent me chasing after it yesterday in my car.  I felt like some kind of crazed storm chaser as I raced down a side road, not really even paying attention to whether there was any oncoming traffic.  I had to get that perfect shot with no obstructions to block the Glory I wanted to behold.  I stopped right in the middle of the road and God allowed my eyes and my heart to breathe this in.  All I could do was sit in my car and clap for joy at the marvelous display my Father had created.  I felt like it was just for me.

"Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice."  (1Chronicles 16:10)


"Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all."  (1Chronicles 29:11)


“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.”  (Isaiah 6:3)