Thursday, March 17, 2011

Still or Rushing?

I took this picture at Evins Mill in Smithville last week as Mike and I were celebrating 22 years of marriage.  Yay GOD!  As I walked down these stairs to cross this water, my eyes were drawn to the contrasting sides...One side smooth as glass, and the other rushing violently out.  I'm tempted, most of the time to desire the smooth side, the one where all is buttoned up nice and neat and things are flowing and going just as "I" planned.  Life seems easier over there.  Safe, I'm finding, can be slow moving or stagnant...little growth...no new life pouring in...the water looks stuck.


The other side looks alive, fresh and something I would want to drink!  Yes, it's scary to get to the edge where you feel like you're losing control and you just have to leap over the edge and let the current take you.  But there's true LIFE on the side that is moving, rushing, seeking what's ahead, even though there's rocks and hazards to anticipate.


"...but the fountain of wisdom is a rushing stream."  (Proverbs 18:4)


"But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you."  (Philippians 2:17)

Dear Jesus, may I allow you to take me wherever You want us to go.  I don't want a safe life with You, I want the FULLEST life with You.  Amen