Friday, July 1, 2011

Bloom Big!


People have certain expectations of how they want flowers to bloom.  If you go to the flower shop, most of the flowers look a certain way, with long slender stems and blooms bursting at the the top.  Not many people would be willing to buy flowers from a bush, because they just don't look like we expect.




You have planted them, and they have taken root; they grow and bear fruit. (Jeremiah 12:2)


I saw this tree with these blooms on it this Spring, and my heart just screamed with excitement!  Of all the blooms I saw this Spring, this one was my favorite, because it's not your ordinary bloom, it just bloomed wherever it could.  It's like this tree was screaming, "I can't bloom quick enough so I'm going to pour out of every orifice of my being!"  


Lord, let me be this kind of tree that blooms for You.  That every crack and crevice of my being blooms with the sweet aroma of Christ.  Lord, I may look different, but what is seen and felt and 
experienced through me, may it be beautiful like
You.  May I look and bloom so different in the world,
that it will stop, take notice, and be drawn to You.  
Amen


"For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing". (2 Corinthians 2:15)







No comments: