Monday, September 12, 2011

Reflect the Son


My absolute favorite part of this day was to get a text from a friend saying, "Whoa, look at the moon!"  God gave me a neat glimpse of it through the neighbor's trees.  I was freaking out, trying to get my settings on my camera right to take a decent picture of it.  There have been many times that I have missed pictures of a sunset, because it changes and moves so quickly.  I was able to take picture after picture of God's gorgeous creation.

The only way that the moon can shine any light, is through the reflection of the sun.  It's because the sun shines on the moon, that we can see it at all.  The only way our light will ever shine for Jesus is if He is shining His Light through us.  

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." (John 8:12)


I Am the Moon (Sara Groves)
"And I am the moon with no light of my own
But still you have made me to shine
And as I glow in this cold dark night
I know I'll never be a Light unless I turn my face to You.
No, I'll never be a Light unless I turn myself to You."

No comments: