Friday, July 24, 2009

No Weapon...

"No weapon formed against me will prosper."(Isaiah 54:17)

I love being outside, but this summer has been unusually mosquito infested. Mosquitos love me. Every time I venture outdoors, they have their forks and knives ready to chow down on my skin! I always have to have tiki torches flamin', Off sprayed, or my new Off Clip On Fan nearby to ward off the mosquitos.

It was a beautiful morning today, so I was bound and determined to sit outside to have some time with Jesus. As I was sitting under my carport with all of my ammunition ready for the mosquitos, this picture caught my eye next to me. It was a sweet reminder from God to persevere. A reminder that He's got this life under control, and that nothing, not even mosquitos, should keep me from seeking hard after Him.

"With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies." Psalm 108:13

I know that I will have more mosquito bites, but Jesus is always the healing salve.