Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rest in Your Fill

"She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:39;42)

It's been awhile since I have filled my bird feeders. I try not to much in the summer so the birds can naturally take advantage of summer treats. I filled my feeders up earlier in the week, and the birds have gone nuts over it! Birds have been swarming all over my backyard, much to my delight!

This is the crazy sight I saw today...a goofy bird asleep right in the feeder! I imagine that he ate til he couldn't eat anymore, then he just decided to take a nap where he was!

This picture was a sweet reminder of Mary as she sat at Jesus' feet. She sat there, taking in His words like they were food to her, and then after he spoke and she got her fill, she just sat in the fullness of it all and rested.

We unfortunately live in a world that screams that you're lazy if you rest, but much like the bird, we would benefit from getting filled up by Jesus and then just resting in Him.