Monday, September 21, 2009

Growth Where You Least Expect It

"The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. (Isaiah 35:1-2)
A popular saying goes, "Bloom where you are planted", but the problem here is that I didn't plant these! (not this year anyway) The red geraniums in the background were planted this Spring, but the white flowers, Vincas I think, were planted, and thought to be pulled up more than 5 years ago.
God showed me through this picture that it is Him who plants the seeds, and it's His timing as to when they will bloom. There have been areas in my life where I thought God had bloomed me all He could, and that He was ready to plant a new "bloomer" because the old had had it's season. Just like the added summer rain resurrected this beautiful flower, I know that any flower that He has planted in me He can bring back at any time as it fits into His purposes for my life.