Monday, September 21, 2009

Fishing Truths


The next few posts are coming from a delightful, relaxing, chigger biting, canoe tipping, fish catching day at a dear friend's stocked pond. God was pouring His truth into my head so fast that I had to use my voice recorder on my phone to capture them all so I wouldn't forget. Satan likes to laugh in my face often when God gives me a word and then by the end of the day I forget it. Not this time!!!
Truth #1 So many times when we are setting out to catch "fish of the faith", we go to a place or a foreign land where there seem to be a bunch of fish to catch. And when we don't catch them, as in this picture where my husband and son have moved to another dock in hopes of more fish being there, we get discouraged and go to another place. I feel like a lot of times, God is just calling to catch fish on our own dock. It's hard to fish a sea when you don't have experience in your own pond.
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:19)