Saturday, May 22, 2010

Discipleship

I have a dear neighbor that lets me steal flowers from her.  She has a bunch of daisies, so I knew she wouldn't mind some of them making their way to my yard.  I've been realizing a little bit about transplanting flowers.  They need lots of water!!!  Each day, I would go outside and this daisy would be drooping again, as if to say, "I need more water so I can grow!"  So what do I do?  I water, and I water, and I water!

God's whisper to me in the daisies is this..."New believers need lots of watering!"  My heart couldn't help thinking about young children who accept Jesus as their Savior, believe that He is God's Son who died for their sins and rose to life again, and who also commit their lives to Him.  So many times, just like this daisy, I feel like they make that decision and are "planted", but then, we as parents and older disciples, leave them to droop because we don't "water" them!  New believers, just like new plants, need tons of attention to flourish!  We want our world to bloom with the love of Christ in His believers, so we have to take the time to invest in the future of the Kingdom...those young daisies!!