Sunday, May 30, 2010

Harmony?

My birdie hotel...I've been watching it since March, eager for the Purple Martins to reserve a room.  Sparrows quickly moved in, and for a few months have annoyed me, because pretty much anywhere I have provided a house, here and in my Bluebird house, they have moved in and taken over.

Last week I began to see a lone Martin checking out the hotel.  As the week passed, it started coming around more and more, with the sparrow staring it down each time it perched.  One Martin turned into to two, into three, and finally into four.  Since March, I have been wanting the Martins to come in and kick the Sparrows out....until...the babies were born, and now I just want them to share!!!

I'm a freak, I know, but Mike gave me a pair of binoculars that we've had, and I've been staring at the birds for days.  I've been worried about the baby Sparrows, and with good reason.  Today before church, I saw one of the Martins in the Sparrow's nest tormenting the babies and it made one fly out!

So my heart is torn, as I'm sure God's is when his children can't or wont live together in harmony.  I want the Martins to live in the Birdie Hotel, but I don't want them to kick the Sparrows out.  Stay tuned...as of this afternoon, the Sparrows still have a home.

  (1Pe 3:8) "Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble."