Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still Seen as Righteous

There isn't a moment when I see an oak tree I'm not reminded how good my God is. I'm memorizing one of my favorite passages right now...Isaiah 61:3

"and provide for those who grieve in Zion
to bestow on them a crown of beauty, instead of ashes
an oil of gladness, instead of mourning
and a garment of praise, instead of a spirit of despair.
And they will be called oaks of righteous, a planting of the Lord
for the display of His splendor".

I took this picture from my parent's backyard, and as I look at it, my eyes are drawn to the different branches. The ones closest to the outside look flimsy and weak, where the the ones closer to the core look strong. As we stick closer to the "core" of the tree, Jesus Christ, we are stronger...not in our own strength, but His.

The neatest thing to me is that no matter where you are on the tree, whether you are weak or strong, if you are in Christ Jesus you are righteous because as God looks upon you, He sees you covered with the perfect, righteous blood of Christ.

Hallelujah! I am so glad to be a part of Him! Where I am weak, He is strong!