Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Unconditional Love

This is the face I look at every day...all day. Cooper follows me around me all day. Right now, he is laying silently right next to me. I will be sitting on the couch, and he will just come to me and put his head in my lap to let me know that he's there. If I'm sad or sick, he's even closer as if to make sure that I'm okay.

He reminds me of Jesus. His love for me is unconditional. If I'm having a bad day and I don't want him under my feet, I can tell him to go away, and he will for a moment, only to be back right by my side...just like Jesus. He keeps no record of the way I've treated him, even when I spank him for eating out of the trash or when he barks at a runner. I can discipline him, and yet he comes back as if I never harmed him...just like Jesus.

Just like in the movie "Marley and Me", a phrase in the movie says, "If you give him your heart, he'll give you his."...just like Jesus