Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fly FREE!

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free"  (Galatians 5:1)
God gave me two words yesterday. "Fly Free"! Each time my eyes would land on a bird soaring through the air, my heart said, "Fly Free!" The word "free" has such a sentimental place in my heart and has since 2003 when Jesus set me FREE from the sin and shame of having an abortion. My heart longed to truly be free, but somehow I just didn't know how as long as I was carrying the chains of shame behind me.



Watching birds is so soothing for me. Flying from tree to tree, methodically manuevering between branches, knowing where the food is, and singing all the while. My heart was drawn to birds that I see in the pet stores. I feel so sorry for them, because the cage is all they'll ever know, and in reality, if they were released into the free space of the sky, they would probably die from the predators that lurk, waiting for the weak.

Up until seven years ago, I was that caged bird, willingly bound, because I felt too weak, too ill-equipped, too worthless to "fly free", but oh, how wrong I was! For every truth, there is counterfeit, a lie, waiting to take up residency in our hearts. Through the Truth of God's word I have embraced that...

I am God's child (John 1:12); I am Christ's friend (John 15:5); I have been justified (Romans 5:1); I am a saint, a holy one (Ephesians 1:1); I have been redeemed and forgiven of ALL my sins (Colossians 1:14); I am complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10); I am free forever from condemnation (Romans 8:1-2); I cannot be separated from the love of God (Romans 8:35-39); I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)


The door to the cage is open...FLY FREE!!!!