Monday, March 15, 2010

Let Me Step Where You Step

Hiking, for the most part, is a single file adventure, with one leading, and the rest following.  I found that as I was following Mike along this trail, wherever he stepped I stepped there too.  As I watched his steps stay secure wherever he went, I planted my feet there as well.  Mike is also the leader of our home, and I have to trust his steps and direction in our family.  I watch where he goes, and because I know that ultimately Jesus is ahead of him, guiding his steps, I know that I can trust his direction of our marriage and our family.  By his staying on course with Jesus, our path together will always head in God's direction.                        
"5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take." (Prov 3:5-6)