Friday, March 12, 2010

Legacy

"I wanna leave a legacy. How will they remember me?  Did I choose to love?  Did I point to You enough to make a mark on things? I wanna leave an offering.  A child of mercy and grace who blessed Your Name unapologetically."  (Nichole Nordeman)

As the water of truth pours over the ledge and touches everything in its path, our lives on this earth affect others, both for the good and bad...the words we speak, the actions we take.  At the end of my life, I want to have touched other lives for Jesus and those lives touch others, just as the water falls down and touches every layer until it reaches bottom.  My heart is to leave a legacy of love in honor of the Perfect Lover of my soul.  Lord, pour me out like a drink offering!

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering"  (2Tim. 4:6)