Saturday, February 5, 2011

Down, but Not Defeated

The sight of swarming buzzards overhead makes me look for something wounded, weak, or dead below.  As I watched this scene as I drove home the other day, God reminded me of this fallen world where we are temporarily making our home.  Just as quickly as God will come to the aid of those who are hurting, fallen, or seemingly "dead", the buzzards (satan) will come in to try to devour the same.  

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Eph 6:12)

But for those of us who are "in Christ Jesus", nothing that the evil one could ever do can ever devour us.  Satan was declawed and defanged at the cross.  All he can do to us now is gum us to death.  Glory!!!

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  (Phil 3:14)