Thursday, February 3, 2011

Drawing You Back

I've had an injury since my last post that has basically kept me from exercising, both outside and inside, for almost 3 months.  I'm realizing that in order to see God in nature, you actually have to be in it, feeding off of it so that it can nourish your soul.
When I leave my feeders empty for several days in a row, the birds go elsewhere to find food.  I feel like there are times in my life when I feel empty, and void, and like the birds, because there's no food in the feeder, I search out other possibilities to fill me.  Because I miss my birds, I will go out today and fill their feeders again.  Maybe, possibly, that's what God does with us at times.  He allows the feeder to go empty for a season, allows us to go and eat in places that we've deemed "satisfying", in order to show us that our true "fill" only comes from Him.  And just like Jesus does, when we've come to the end of ourselves, He will fill the feeder back up to draw us back home.

"come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands."  (Deut. 14:29)