Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tangled?

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us"  (Hebrews 12:1)


I have new glasses (ughh).  I've never had them before, and "some" people say that it's just a sign of age, but I'm choosing to be thankful that God has given me great sight for 44 years.  I have found that in getting used to my new glasses, my depth perception needs adjusting, so I have been tripping over things that I didn't know were there, and things that I knew were there but I thought I could navigate around.


Taking a picture of these "vines" as I would call them, reminded me of Hebrews 12:1 and how just like adjusting with my new glasses, sin seems to have a way of creeping up, tripping up, and entangling.  Many times, it just slithers in like a soundless snake, and before I know it, it has a death grip on me.


Awareness...God's Best...guarding against complacency...sticking close to the One who hacks away the vines of sin before they settle in, calcify, and choke out
the Work of God in me, so that I can finish that race set before me.