Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Have All I Need


Psalm 23

A psalm of David.
 1 The Lord is my shepherd;
     I have all that I need.
 2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
      he leads me beside peaceful streams.
    3 He renews my strength.
   He guides me along right paths,
      bringing honor to his name.
 4 Even when I walk
      through the darkest valley,[a]
   I will not be afraid,
      for you are close beside me.
   Your rod and your staff
      protect and comfort me.

Notice the sheep...except for the one looking at the camera, all have their heads down.  They trust the Shepherd.  They are not looking around for danger saying, "Hey, do you see that?  Something's coming to harm us!  Watch out!  What was that sound?"  They trust the Shepherd.  They trust the Shepherd.

Jesus is our Shepherd.  He is watching.  Our job is just to remain with Him, in the close proximity of His Love and care, and let Him be our Shepherd.  He's trained, He's capable, He's loving, He wants the absolute best for us.  Remain...Remain...Remain

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."  (John 15:9)