Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Will Wait

I have a dear friend Stacey that looks at nature the way I do...I asked her permission to share this.  I know from living life with lots of people how depression can consume life, draining it of any meaning.  I pray that this is an encouragement that our HOPE that satisfies and will sustain us is Jesus Christ and Him alone.



I took this picture today. Daffodils’ are close to my heart. They are symbolic of restoration and a new beginning. I look for them daily in expectation during the last stretch of each winter. When I was consumed by bondage and depression, there were many years that they were my only hope – a hope of what was to come. “If I can just make it until the daffodils bloom…” I would repeat over and over.


Today my hope lies in the glory of our LORD! I still wait daily in expectation – in expectation of God. “He is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.” (Lamentations 3:25-26) My soul rejoices in its restoration! I am thankful that the earth is full of God’s glory – like the newness of a daffodil as it pierces thru the pure white fresh fallen snow.